Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Product Review: Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Glam





I can't be the only one who doesn't quite know where she fits in with this whole "nude lip" or "my lips but better" (MLBB) upswing that's been happening in the cosmetics community. My lips are naturally very pigmented which makes being able to pull off nude lips almost impossible--but I refuse to give up! The only product that has ever come close to a MLBB for me is this Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Glam. I find it kind of funny (funny-haha and funny-strange) that my natural lip color, when only slightly amplified, is called "Glam."


Pros:
  • The formula is quite thick and creamy which makes for an easy, smooth application. 
  • The color--for me--is quite subtle, so if you have pigmented lips and are just looking for a little extra OOMPH for the office or a job interview, I would say this is a great option.
  • The smell! It smells like burnt vanilla beans--almost like MAC lipsticks but not as sugary. This is more burnt sugar than fresh vanilla. 
  • The price. It's only $10 on Lorac's website.
Cons:
  • Goopiness. While the overall formula is nice, it does feel a bit goopy on the lips after it has been spread evenly post-application. Blotting and then dusting with translucent powder might help the goopiness factor. 
  • Doesn't have the longest wear time.
 Conclusion:
  • This is a great MLBB option for someone who wants to have a subtle splash of color on the lips and doesn't mind having to touch up every few hours.
This product has become a staple in my makeup bag and I reach for it often if I'm experimenting with different lip colors and I find that the one I have on just isn't working for me. It works with so many looks (smokey eyes, subtle eyes, bold eyes) and can easily be worn with just mascara and blush if you're having a day where you just want to look slightly polished but not go through the trouble of putting on 10 different products.

No comments:

Post a Comment