Monday, June 23, 2014

Product Review: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Dolly Pink




Lip products are my absolute favorite cosmetic item; overflowing drawers on my dressing table can attest to this fact. Lip glosses, though, have just never been my jam. Since I was a kid, I found lip glosses to be sticky and irritating and a constant hair trap. Not cute. But I've been trying to branch out a bit and see if there are any lip glosses out there that give a nice shine without turning your lips into a tar pit.

Pros:
  • The color. If you've ever wanted a Barbie pink that won't be too shockingly bright on pale skin, you'll be into this for sure. It's incredibly bright but perfect for a day where you want to look put together without trying too hard. Think: sunglasses and lip gloss while running errands.
  • The formula itself is fantastic; it doesn't cling to lip flakes. 
  • Super smooth application--no pulling or tugging at the lips.
  • The price! It's only $4.99.
Cons:
  • The smell. Wow. It reminds me of the bubblegum flavored liquid antibiotics that you get prescribed when you're a kid. It's very sweet but also smells extremely clinical. Thankfully, when the gloss dries down, the smell disappears. If you're sensitive to smells, you might want to hold your breath while applying this.
Conclusion:
  • The pros here definitely out way the cons. I can handle the momentary nostalgia of pneumonia-tic youth for this intense color payoff.

I'm not one to stay 100% within seasonal trends (anytime is a good time for a bold lip, I always say), but summer generally tends to be when folks wear brighter colors the most. Dolly Pink is a solid item to have in your collection for those days that you want to be bold, but not too overboard or overdone. Stay tuned for more lip gloss reviews as I sort through my collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment