Friday, August 15, 2014

Cat Eye + Hooded Eyes = :D

Hooded eyes are beautiful, but they present a serious challenge when trying to achieve any standard eyeshadow look. I have one partially hooded eye and one completely hooded eye, so I have to constantly adjust looks that I see out in the world to my eyeballs. It's not easy, but it is certainly fun.


I'm also not a pink lipstick/lipgloss wearer, but I tried a number of lipsticks with this eyeshadow look and none of them were working--they all either overpowered my face or just kind of sat there blandly. I'm still not completely in love with light pink lipstick/lip gloss, but I think it works here.



I really enjoy how makeup can subtly reshape (or, really, give the illusion of reshaping) facial features. Pulling the eyeshadow up and away in a swooping cat eye shape gives the illusion of wider, more open eyeballs. I'm into it.

Products used:
Eyeballs
White, Black and Gray from Lorac's Ooh La la Lace Palette
Special guest appearance by Crave from Naked Basics
Eyebrow highlight: Venus from Naked Basics

Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara (I am seriously going to run out of this at some point)

Brows
Sawdust Heart from Tarina Tarantino's Emerald Pretty Palette

Cheeks
Smashbox Soft Lites in Prism

Face
Tarte Amazonian Clay Liquid Foundation

Lips
Nyx Butter Lipstick in Fun Size
Revlon Lipgloss in Bellini



2 comments: